Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feeling Nervous

I have been working on getting everything together for our Chili Dinner and Silent Auction that happens a week from Sunday. If you didn't know, we are raising money for our Adoption Fund. The Dinner and Auction will be held on Sunday, November 7th at 6:00 pm. All the proceeds will go into our adoption fund. If you would like to donate an item to the auction or would like more information you can email me at thejourneyhome.todd@gmail.com. You can also make a donation by clicking the donation button at the right.

With the auction being a week away, I am going over everything. Checking the items we have for auction, making sure we have enough food and praying. Praying that we will raise around $3000. That is a HUGE chunk of change. But that is the amount we need to make our first payment to the agency to get this started. I know that God will provide but for some reason I still feel a little nervous.

I don't think my nervousness comes from raising the money. I just want everyone to really have a good time. I want people to really see our heart. I want them to catch our vision. I am praying that maybe, just maybe, others will decide to walk this wonderful journey called Adoption. I want people's hearts to be open. I want them to see that it is possible to love children that are not your own as your own. To make them their own and grow their own families.

I don't know what God has in store for that night but I do believe it is bigger than I could ever dream. He knows that there are children in this world that belong in families right here in our church. He knows the details and I can't wait to watch Him work.

No comments:

Post a Comment