Monday, October 25, 2010

He Directs My Steps

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delighteth in his way." Psalms 37:23


When Scott and I first began our adoption journey, we had many discussions about God's plan for our life. We wondered why this was the path He had put us on. We wondered why He did not allow us biological children. We questioned why having children in our home was taking so long. It was so frustrating at times. I wondered what was wrong with me. Scott and I had done everything "right" yet we felt like in some way we were being punished. We just wanted to be parents and we really didn't care how that happened.
Many times people would comment about why we did not have biological children and that it was so nice of us to adopt children since we "couldn't have our own." That used to make me so mad! Adoption is huge in my family. My cousin is adopted all though I don't remember which one. When we were growing up we were all grandkids of the same grandparents. No one was treated differently because they were adopted or biological. No one in our family was ever Plan B.
God never has a Plan B. He has a plan for our lives before we are conceived in our Mother's womb. He knew before I was born that there would be a little boy in Indiana who needed a Mommy and that would be me! He knew I would struggle. He knew I would lose 2 children in order to gain the one I have now and the many more to come. He knew every tear I would cry. He knew that we would have to leave Florida and move to Indiana to adopt our first son. HE had a plan. He has a plan for my little man. What an amazing God!!!
Adoption was never Plan B for our life. Adoption was THE plan for our family. The rest of the world may look at these children as useless or burdans of society. I look at them as children who need hope and love. God has a plan for them. They may be orphans today because they will be your child tomorrow. I can't imagine what God has planned for the lives of my children, but I am so excited to be a part of it. I think of all I could miss out on if I had said no to adoption. I get to be a part of the plan that God has for these children. How cool is that? Wow! He has ordered our steps to come together and and I GET to delight in them!

1 comment:

  1. great entry!! I've always viewed adoption as Plan A as well. :) God bless you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete