Monday, October 11, 2010

Beginning Again

Scott and I have decided it is time to add to our family. We feel that this time the Lord is leading us to adopt internationally. Many people have asked us why we are adopting internationally when there are so many children in the States who need parents. Our first child was adopted through the State's Foster Care System and we have travelled that road before. I most certainly believe that God will lead us down that road again, but the time is not yet here.

We feel the Lord wants us to adopt 2 children. We are hoping for a boy around the age of three (3) and girl as young as possible. I must admit that I continue to struggle daily with the thought of raising $30,000 to $45,000 in order to adopt two (2) children. Some days I try to "remind" the Lord that He owns the cattle on a thousand hills so $45,000 is nothing to Him. Then He reminds me that if we had adopted our first child when I thought the time was right we wouldn't have our son. He wasn't even born yet! It is possible that our children have not yet entered this world.

A friend recently told me that she was reading Corrie ten Boom's book. She said that Ms. ten Boom never asked people for money to support her orphanages. She just laid it at the feet of Jesus and let Him take care of things. That pierced my soul. Oh to have that kind of faith. Thank you Ursula! I think about that every day. I have so much to learn about this thing called faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment