Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Biggest Struggle

Last night was quite eventful. After working (which I LOVE my two jobs, teaching cake decorating and selling Premier Designs Jewelry) I came home to a somewhat ill husband and a little boy that was supposed to be asleep. After watching NCIS and NCIS:LA, I saw that the first miner was about to be rescued in Chile. I switched over and sat with my fingers pressed to my lips as I waited in anticipation for a view of this man. I think I cried with the rest of the world as he was lifted from the darkness to take his first breath of fresh air in over two months. I was so happy for this man, his family and the Chilean people.

Because it was so late and I really needed to get some sleep, I laid in the dark and silence thanking God for the rescue effort. I then asked Him what He wanted me to write about today. I just laid there waiting for Him to speak. So many ideas began to run through my mind but none of them were right. While trying to push them away the Lord brought Isaiah 40:31 to mind. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." Now I am sure that many pastor's will use the scene of the man being lifted from that deep hole for weeks to come, but because this is an adoption blog I am going to take the adoption route.

I began to think about how long those men had been waiting. 69 days! What a long time to be in the ground. I am sure in the beginning they began to wonder if they would ever be found. I wonder if panic began to set in. Did they cry? Did they question God? I can only imagine the amount of strength that was required of them as they waited. As each day passed, did they tire of waiting?

Adoption should be called "The Waiting Game". Waiting is NOT my forte! I am horrible when it comes to waiting! My mother always tells me "If you would just learn patience the first time God teaches you, you would be doing a lot better!" She is so right. I have had to "learn patience" about a billion times. Adoption requires patience. Maybe that is why I am taking the international adoption journey this time.

When it comes to adoption I want things now! The money needs to come now. I want to travel to get my children now. I am the epitome of the "now generation". If you don't know our story I promise to share it one day but I will tell you Scott and I waited 7 years for our first child to come along. We waited a long time. We lost 2 babies and had several failed adoptions during that time. It took me a long time to become what I spent my entire life dreaming I would be. Now it is here, I am a mom and I want a house FULL of children.

Not only do I think about the waiting that is required on our end, but I think about the 147 million orphans that wait everyday. These children wonder if they will be adopted. They wonder if someone will be their mommy and daddy. They want someone to show them that their life has value. Someone to teach them about Jesus. ANYONE to just LOVE them. How long will they have to wait? For some it has only been a couple of months, but for others it has been years. Jesus commanded us to take care of the orphans and the widows. How long will it be before we lift these children out of the darkness of poverty and loneliness?

Waiting is good. Isaiah 40:31 tells us waiting will renew our strength. We will be able to run the race that is required of us without weariness setting in. There is an upcoming race in my life and I will need to strength to run it. Waiting is good. Waiting is Good. WAITING IS GOOD! Maybe I just need to keep repeating that to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment