Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"There will always be an element of uncertainty. Generally speaking, you are probably never going to be more than 80% certain. Waiting for greater certainty may cause you to miss an opportunity." -Andy Stanley

I came across this quote today on some one's Facebook page and I found it interesting. There has been a lot of struggle going on in my life and for some reason this little quote gave me a little hope.

My struggles do not only come in the form of this adoption journey, but in relationships, doing God's will and finding my purpose. I have never been one of those that had to be 100% sure. If it looked good, then I was on my way. I always have about a billion ideas going on at once but that is where it stops. So many times they don't go past ideas. I know it drives people crazy because I am always changing my mind about what I want to do that day or week or month, but I have found that staying the same gets boring. I have also found fear.

Most of the time my dreams never become reality because I am to afraid to take that monumental step. You know, the one step that takes you from ordinary to extraordinary. The one that takes you from disobedience to obedience. I have to wonder how many opportunities have I missed because of uncertainty or fear. How different would my life be if I cared more about what God said then what man said?

Doing what God wants is SCARY. Half the time it doesn't even make sense. People can be very vocal when their opinion goes against what you feel called to do. I guess I may only have 80% certainty about what I am doing, but I need to have 100% certainty that God knows what He is doing. After all, it is HIS plan, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment