Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why Am I Surprised??

I really don't know why I continue to be surprised. God has called us to adopt and for some reason I continue to be surprised that He is working, that He has a plan for us and our beautiful children and that He is working even when I think He has forgotten us. Why do I do that? Why do I think the He will not complete the work He has begun in me?

I guess it is human nature. Faith requires belief in something we cannot see. I am a visual person and to be honest sometimes it is hard for me to have faith. Sometimes it is hard to believe that Someone I have never seen wants to work in me and through me. That this Someone loves me so much He has a plan for my life and even if I stray from His plan, He does not.

So many times I feel so insignificant. I want to be used by the Father more than anything else in the world. The idea of being chosen by the Creator of this world leaves me feeling so small. Why in a world full of Andy Stanleys, Matt Chandlers, Carlos Whittakers, Brooke Frasers and Kari Jobes would God want to use me? Why would He choose me to be the wife of a man with KINGDOM GREATNESS in him? Why would He choose me to be a mother to the motherless?

So many questions leave me doing less for Him than completing the job He has assigned to me. He has chosen me to be His child!! I am a Child of the King! I am the sister of Jesus Christ! I have been adopted by the Creator of this world and He has called me HIS OWN!!! He wants to use me more than I want to be used by Him.

So I have decided from here on out the question will not be "Why does He want to use me?" but "Where does He want to use me?" I will no longer be surprised that He is working in my life, but I will stand in awe of His power and work humbly to complete the tasks He has given me. I will no longer allow others to dictate the ministry that has been set before me and I will not allow other's opinions keep me from the Father's work. I will follow Him and Him only. He has chosen me and I will forever keep my eyes on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment