Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surprises

I LOVE surprises. I mean, I really really love them! I love the planning. I love the excitement. I love the waiting for the moment of surprise. I love the look on the receiver's face when they realize what is going on. I just love surprises. They make me so happy.


I have always been the planner of surprises. I totally get that from my mom. I know this because my Dad hates surprises with a passion unlike anything I have ever seen. My husband hates surprises too. Which is to bad because I have given him about 5 surprise parties. While he always is sweet about it, I know he hates them. I just know how happy the planning makes me and I want the person I plan to surprise to be just as happy.


However, I don't think I have ever been surprised. It isn't from lack of trying. Poor Scott. He has tried but somehow I always find out. He isn't very good at keeping a surprise a secret. I have learned that around my birthday, anniversary or Christmas to not ask any questions, that way I can be surprised.


We have had a few surprises while raising money for our adoption. People have donated amazing amounts of money to help us get to where we are. People have done what God laid on their heart and we have been able to accomplish so much. I am so thankful for those people.


Yesterday, was a surprise all for me! Never in my life have I been so surprised!


Earlier in the day, I had washed my curtains and rehung them to dry. They were closed so I couldn't see outside. I never heard the UPS guy come. It must have been one of the times the dog was barking like crazy and I just ignored him! Anyway, after the curtains dried I opened them up (I can't stand closed blinds or curtains) and I saw a HUGE box on my porch. I went out and brought it in. It was a box to me from Amazon. I thought it was odd because the last item I ordered from Amazon were cake decorating books and they had all ready come.


I asked Scott if he had ordered anything and he said no. I opened up the box and inside was the most beautiful PINK Kitchen Aid Mixer and a note that said, "This is a gift from some friends and even some people that you don't know and don't know you. But we hope you love it!" Oh my goodness!! I started to cry. It was the nicest, sweetest thing! I couldn't believe it. Talk about surprised!!



I tried to do a little digging and got VERY limited answers as to who this came from. I have some amazing friends! Can you imagine all the cakes, cupcakes and cookies I can make to sell to raise money for our adoption?!?!? What a blessing! I pray that those friends who gave me this wonderful gift receive blessing upon blessing for being so kind to me. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am still as excited as I was yesterday (maybe more) and you know what? I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment