Friday, March 11, 2011

50 Posts and $4100!!

Today is my 50th blog!!! Who would have ever thought I would get this far?!?!? It is funny how this blog as allowed me to write about my passion and has turned my passion into something I never dreamed possible. Scott and I are working to adopt two children from Honduras! That is amazing and only God can give you a desire for that.

We started on this journey with the need to raise over $35,000. The sooner the better. After breaking things down we set our sights on the application fee. $175. That was pretty easy to raise by just cutting a few corners here at home. The next step was $4100. Wow! That is a lot of money in a one income family.

We began this fundraising process by selling t-shirts that were designed by my brother-in-law, Brian. (These can still be purchased on the right hand side of our blog.) The 2nd fundraiser was a Chili Dinner and Silent Auction. We had an amazing time and raised over $2000. After that we had a concert with The Ascension Quartet were we raised around $700. Add to that the donations of friends and family and we were looking good.

3 weeks ago we were looking at the need to start fundraising for the next payment, but realized that we were still $500 of our $4100 goal. Through the kindness of an AMAZING friend we reached our goal that very day!!! God worked so quickly! He knew our hearts and He led our friend to give us $500. I pray that God will bless this person in the most amazing ways.

Well, today is the big day! After waiting for money to transfer from our PayPal account to our bank account, I wrote a check for $4100!! I cannot believe this day is finally here. God has provided every penny! He is an AWESOME God. We will now be able to begin the paperwork for our homestudy.

So, today with $50 in our Adoption Fund we begin raising the $850 we need for our USCIS approval ($670) and fingerprints ($160). We know that God will provide just as He has for everything else. He has proven time and time again that this is His plan for our lives and I can't wait to see how He will provide this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment