Monday, March 28, 2011

Urgent Prayer Needed

Last week I came upon a blog written by Tesney and Greg Davis. They are in the process of adopting a sweet little boy with Down Syndrome named Kirill. They were in his region of Russia for a court date on March 17th. They were told that every family that had received a court date in this region had been granted an adoption. I can only imagine the joy they must have felt to see their little boy and know that they were bringing him home. After 5 hours of intense questioning the judge made her decision. Even after strong recommendations from doctors and others they were told "no". The judge felt that this child would be better off in an institution than with a family. She denied this precious one, one of God's creations, a family and a home all because he had down syndrome. As a Christian, American and mother, I have a VERY hard time with this. This is a precious child of God and he has been denied the right to a family. I have known several children with down syndrome in my life and they are the sweetest most precious loving children. It tears my heart apart to think that there are people in this world that believe these children should not have a family. As I was reading their blog to Scott last night we were both devastated for this family. We talked of how impossible it must have felt to get back on a plane to the states and leave Kirill behind. We also talked of how God's grace must have been at it strongest point at that moment in their lives. I pray that His grace will be sufficient for them. So, I am asking all of you to pray. Pray for this family as they appeal this decision. Matthew 18:20 promises us "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." The Father is there. He is listening to our desperate cries for this family. He knows our hearts and desires to see this little one home where He belongs. He has a plan. I believe that He is about to do something amazing in the life of this family. Please pray for the judge. Pray that she will change her mind. Pray that she will see the love this family has for Kirill. Pray that her heart will be opened to the benefits of children being adopted. Pray that she will find Jesus. If you would like to follow the Davis' journey you can check out their blog at www.oureyesopened.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment