Friday, February 25, 2011

Crafting

I love to make crafts. Whether it is sewing, crocheting, scrapbooking, papercrafts, etc... I LOVE it! There have been several times in my life where I have had to "scale back" because I have to many projects/hobbies going on at once. I think my husband hates the craft store. I always seem to come back with more. He doesn't seem to understand why I need MORE fabric/paper/yarn when I have so much sitting in the spare room.


For me, fabric initiates creativity! You never know what a piece of fabric might become. I fall in love with fabric long before I know what it will become. I look at it and touch it and imagine the possibilities. I have my favorites that sit and wait for the perfect project. Some have been waiting a VERY long time!

Not long ago, a friend came to me with the suggestion of opening an Etsy store and selling donated handmade items to raise money for our adoption. We will opening the store on March 1st. The money raised will go to our adoption, but when we have completed that task we will continue to another project. This store will not be a one hit wonder. We hope it will continue to help others raise money for the projects God has laid on their heart.

So, in the true Etsy spirit of handmade goodness, I will be crafting away! I plan to use up most of my fabric or yarn or paper! Those pieces that have been waiting, will be waiting no more! Not only will we be raising money for our adoption, but the spare room will be cleaned out and my husband will be so happy to see it go! It is a win/win for everyone!


So, stay tuned for more info about the store coming VERY soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment