Thursday, November 18, 2010

It will be Worth It

I have been sitting here with all this paperwork trying to figure out how in the world I am going to get it all filled out! There is paperwork for the agency, for grant organizations and for the government. When you look at it all it can be very overwhelming. BUT I have my handy dandy notebook divided into categories and I think I may be as organized as ever!

Scott was signing papers the other day and asked if we would own a house when it was all over! I wish! The paper trail can be overwhelming but the end result will be worth it all. When I hold my 2 new precious children in my arms I will no doubt be ready to start again (Sorry if that makes you nervous babe!) What's a little paperwork when so many children need a loving home?

The other part of adoption that can be overwhelming is the financial. I have tried not to worry about that one too much. I know that money is what keeps so many people from adopting. I have heard over and over again "I would adopt if it didn't cost so much." In all honesty I don't know why it costs so much. You would think people would want children to be placed in loving homes and would do whatever they could to make that happen. Instead WE (adoptive parents) are the ones that have to do whatever it takes to make it happen. But, I'll say it again, it will be worth it.

If you have ever considered adopting, don't let anything keep you from doing so. Money can be raised. Paperwork filled out. You just have to have this deep burning in your heart to keep you going day after day. When you see the little face of the one God has chosen for you, you to will say "It was worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment