Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Choosing a Country

I don't think choosing a country was hard. The hard part was finding a country that we felt could move quickly and meet our family needs at this time. We had narrowed it down to Honduras and Nicaragua. We chose these two because they are closer, Scott can speak the language and we have friends in both countries. They both have their pros and cons but in the end I wanted the opinion of our agency worker.

In all honesty, I was set to go to Nicaragua even with their 8 week stay. We figured we would take the little man and live there until the adoption was complete. 8 weeks is a long time to be away from home and it just sort of bothered me. We have friends in Nicaragua so we were hoping we would be able to be near them.

In the end we chose Honduras. The agency worker believes that this country will move quicker. She does fear that our being so specific on age and gender could make our wait longer but we know that God is in control and He knows exactly what we need. I know that with any adoption flexibility is key. However, I want my little man to remain the oldest. This is very important to me. I also want a boy and a girl. I know that God knows my heart but I know that if it is not His will for me to have the children I specifically asked for it is ok. He is God and He knows best and I will count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment