Monday, November 8, 2010

Thank You Jesus

"That you Jesus for the brother and sister that I am going to get." ~Trent
I really don't know what to say about yesterday except "Thank you Jesus." Yesterday morning in the service we focused on orphans. Pastor announced that we would be having Orphan Sunday every year from now on. He also wanted an Orphan Ministry formed in our church. Scott and I were so surprised. We had no idea that Pastor had made these decisions. I am so excited to see how God is going to take care of the orphans in our community and around the world through our people. I am so excited about what the future holds. I bet you can't guess who is going to be heading up this new ministry!!!
The service was amazing. God really moved in the hearts of so many. People are all ready talking about becoming foster parents and learning about what they can do to help the orphans. I truly believe that God broke hearts yesterday. People are beginning to get it! They see a need and they want to fill it. That just makes my heart jump for joy!
I must admit that Satan worked overtime yesterday. He has been working in people's lives to cause division and question our motives. There has been a lot of negativity and I must admit I was blindsided. It really hurt me to know that people we thought were our friends were badmouthing us. God has called us to do this and they don't have to understand, but they DO need to understand that we are going to do what God has called us to do with or without them. I have had so many emotions run through my heart in the last 24 hours concerning this matter and I could go on and on, but I will end with this...Satan is going to do whatever he can to keep people from doing God's will. Satan uses Christians because they are often the easiest to be used in causing destruction. Don't allow Satan to use you to disrupt the plan that God has clearly set out for someone else.
Last night was amazing. We ran out of seats and tables. We had 53 items to auction off. Empty Tomb sang and testimonies were given. Scott was really able to share our heart for orphans in our country and all over the world. I hope that people truly saw our heart and will change their original opinions. We had so much help and food that I wanted to cry with happiness. People just stepped in and took care of every little thing that needed to be done. God's love soared through our church without any hindrances.
Our goal last night was not just to raise money, but to educate people about the need for foster and adoptive parents. Not only do we need these types of parents but we need others to come along side of those and support them. Those parents need encouragement. We need people to rise up and believe that these children have suffered long enough. Scott made a great point last night. Not only are we taking care of orphans but we are taking care of souls. We are teaching these children about Jesus. That is more important than any fundraiser we will ever have.
Please pray for us as our journey continues. Please pray for our church as they walk this new journey. Pray that God will open the hearts of the people. That we will step out of our comfort zone and experience God's love fresh and anew. Pray as we lead our AWESOME people.
I believe that God answered the skeptics and critics last night. Between last week and last night, God provided over $2000 toward our adoption fund. He confirmed in my heart, yet AGAIN, that this is what we are supposed to be doing. What an amazing God! Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Great! Now I'm crying! But at least it's a happy cry. =) Wish we could have been there. We are so glad that all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome news! I thank God for giving you the opportunity to minister and blessing you as you do! Liz

    ReplyDelete