Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fundraising

Fundraising seems like it should be a dirty word. However, when it comes to adoption there is just no way to get around it. Unless you win the lottery, have been saving for years or someone gives you a large inheritance, the kind of money that is required of an adoption is almost nonexistent.

Coming up with fundraising ideas is even harder. You have the old stand-bys of bake sales and car washes, but cars can only get so clean and people can only eat so many cookies. Finding a fundraiser that is more community focused rather than church family focused can be difficult as well. Your church family, no matter how much they want to help can only give so much. I have really tried to come up with other ideas because I don't want people to run the opposite direction every time they see me coming!

We did the Chili Dinner and Silent Auction and had great success. It was a lot of fun to watch people bid against each other to win the prize they wanted! People were so generous and I would never want to take advantage of that. I am so thankful for the people that God has used so far on our journey.

While searching for ideas I have come up with a few:

1. I am working as a Premier Designs Jeweler. I am donating 20% of my sales from now until the end of the year to the Adoption Fund. If you are interested in scheduling a jewelry show, catalog show or are interested in becoming a jeweler then please email me at thejourneyhome.todd@gmail.com.

2. We are having a concert!! The Ascension Quartet from Lebanon, Missouri, will be doing a benefit concert on Saturday, January 15th at 6:30 pm. The concert will be held at Hope's Point Baptist Church in Shelbyville, Indiana. Tickets are $10.00 each and will go on sale November 21st. You will be able to purchase tickets on this blog. You can also email me for more information at thejourneyhome.todd@gmail.com.

3. We will be having a Craft Show in March. If you would like to purchase a spot, you can email me at thejourneyhome.todd@gmail.com. Date and time have yet to be determined.

I would love to hear other ideas for fundraisers. If you have done something unique in the past let me know! Those of us who are raising money for adoption are ALWAYS looking for new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment