Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Moving Forward

There have been some days in the last year where I was beginning to wonder if we would ever complete an adoption.  Things were not going well with our agency and I began to question if this was what God really wanted for our life.  We had spent HOURS praying, planning and watching as God would bring in the money we needed.  I just didn't understand it.  If God was providing then didn't He want us to do this?

There was one thing that we continued to wait on.  I can't talk about it now, but know that it had to do with finances and we are watching it slowly come together.  It was the biggest way that we could see God providing but He wasn't moving.  Now that we have left the agency God has begun to move things forward.  I truly believe that He was keeping us from spending all our money in a place that was not honoring Him.  He wanted us to trust Him even when things didn't make sense.  He wanted us to trust His word and not the humanistic views of an agency. 

Scott and I decided that we would follow the Word of God no matter what.  I believe that God is blessing us for that.  It is true what people say, the blessings of God for following Him outweigh the here and now.  God has been good to us.  He has continued to provide for our adoption even though we have been a family without an agency.

Last night we attended an informational meeting at Bethany Christian Services.  I was not prepared for the peace and connection that I felt with their staff.  I really felt that because of the years of expereince they would be able to help us along this new journey.  I am so excited to begin working with an agency that is adament about putting Christ first. 

We came home from lunch today and our formal application greeted me in my email.  I'm so excited so I am off to fill out paperwork!  Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.  We will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment