Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Heart Full of Joy

My heart is so full today I am about to bust!  Today we found out that we are having our home study on Thursday, June 2nd at 10:00 am.  I am really excited but now I really need to get into cleaning mode.  There is so much to do before then.  This will be our 3rd home study so I should be a pro.  I'm not nervous, I just want my house to finally be Springly Cleaned so now is my excuse!  Walls will be painted, a little bit of furniture purchased and after almost 7 years of living in this house it might actually be the way I want it!

The 2nd reason my heart is so full is because one of my college roommates completed the adoption of her 4th child!  I am so excited for Lynda and Dan!  I know their hearts and how they love children.  They have made adoption a huge part of their family.  I understand the waiting and paperwork and visits.  I understand how it can wear on a person.  I am just so happy for them.  Days like this are the best.

Now for the 3rd reason!!!  A month or more ago, I wrote about the Davis family here.  They were in the process of adopting Kirill when the judge told them no because he had Down Syndrome.  Well, TODAY he is their son!  You can read about it here.  We serve an amazing God!  He is worthy to be praised!  I am so happy for them.

So as you can see. my heart is FULL of joy!  The only thing that could make this day better would be for someone to show up on my front porch with a baby for me!!   Since that probably won't happen I am going to work on this house!!  Have a joyfully full day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment