Tuesday, April 19, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday

Today I turned 34.  34.  Hmm.  I remember when 34 seemed so far away, now it is here.  I look at all the things I have accomplished and dream of accomplishing so many more.  I think about the dreams that never came true and how the life I live differs from the life I imagined and how this life I live is better than anything I could have ever dreamed up.

This last year has been a roller coaster.  God has taken me through the depths of the darkest valley and He has set me on the highest mountain.  I have found that true happiness does not depend on other's opinion of me but in the One who has saved me.  I have experienced Psalm 30:5 to its fullest.  I know that weeping does endure for the night and joy really does come in the morning.  I have yelled in anger and frustration at God and I have lifted His name in praise and adoration.  Above it all, I have found that HE is good and HE is greatly to be praised.

I love the beginning of a new year.  Whether it is January 1st or April 19th, you will find me making goals or lists of things I want to accomplish.  I have several lists in boxes from years past and it is always fun to pull them out and see what my dreams were so many years ago.  It is interesting to see how my tastes have changed.  How things that were once so important hold no value to me.  Sometimes they are sad to read because many of those goals have been waiting to be met for years.  Maybe this is the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment