Thursday, April 28, 2011

Job Hunting

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ.


So last week I decided it was time to start the job hunt again.  I am not thrilled about going back to work because I have enjoyed staying home with my little man over the last several years.  I like being home to take care of things here.  I love watching my little man grow and not miss out on the funny things he says and does.

It seems that whenever I begin the job hunt, everyone starts getting sick.  Last week, it was the little man.  This week it is Scott.  I applied for 3 jobs and he ends up with strep!  Coincidence?  Maybe?  God's way of telling me I need to be at home?  Maybe?  Who knows, but this happens EVERY TIME!!  It never fails.

I'll admit, I worry about money.  It is my besetting sin.  I worry about money more than anyone I know.  I like the comfort of knowing that all the bills are paid and there is money left over.  It makes me feel secure.  Now before you go off telling me that my security is found in Christ, let me say, I KNOW!!!  BUT I am human and I worry.  At least I am honest about it!  :-)

I also know that we are supposed to trust the Lord for everything but where is the line of sitting and waiting for God to provide and actually getting out there and doing something about it?  I do worry about raising 3 kids on one salary.  I wonder what amazing miracles God is going to do for this to work in our family.  I don't doubt that He has called us to adopt these children, but I do wonder what He was thinking when He did!  I guess I am feeling unworthy and unable to do what He has called me to do.  Just part of the journey I am sure.  After all, the sun will come out tomorrow (as long as it doesn't rain!) and joy always comes in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment