Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Direction

So far this adoption has been smooth sailing.  We have had some minor bumps but nothing major.  We continued moving forward as God continued to provide the money we needed to start this adoption.  We knew we were in God's plan for our lives and we were happy that things were moving so quickly.

Well, then it happened.  The tornado that comes through your life and rips everything apart or turns it all upside down.  We were told some things during our home study that were absolutely not true.  We were asked to compromise our beliefs and told that if we did not do this the agency would not approve our home study. 

I have refrained from writing anything because there has been so much chaos.  Something that is so minor in our life became the focus.  It is sad really, that a "christian" agency would require a Christian family to go against scripture in order to adopt a child.  Satan has been busy.

I have been angry, cried, yelled and screamed more in the last few weeks than I care to admit, but I have also prayed, begged and sought wise counsel probably more than I ever have in my entire life.  I have searched the scriptures and laid it all at the feet of Jesus and in Him, I found my peace to make one of the hardest decisions of my life.

Like I said, Scott and I have prayed and sought wise counsel both together and apart.  We came to the conclusion that we would not compromise our beliefs and we would follow God's Word no matter what.  We decided we could not continue to work with an agency that had lied to us and asked us to compromise our beliefs and had provided no Biblical counsel.

This is not the end of our adoption journey.  We still believe that God has called us to adopt.  He knows where our children are and He is watching over them.  We will continue to raise money for our adoption fund and we will be looking for a new agency.  We will be very particular and move slowly.  If you would like to suggest an agency, please do.

At this time we are looking into all options.  We are considering international and domestic adoption.  We are prayfully considering every possible option at this point and we believe that God will lead us to our children in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment